Is it easier for your company to meet its financial goals with a portfolio strategy to drive growth in a few market segments where you’re already strong, and then expand into other opportunistic market segments from there, or is it easier to have every product tow the line in a silo with its own plan to support the corporate goals?
Learn how a portfolio approach to product management can eliminate the silos, deliver solutions with greater strategic value and make it easier for your organization to meet its growth, adoption and retention goals.
Product Portfolio Management Courses
- Portfolio Management Fundamentals gives you the core principles of growing strategically by market segment with real-world examples so you can decide if it's right for your organization.
- Strategic Portfolio Management is a hands-on, how-to workshop with the complete framework and supporting tools for quick adoption.
- Personalized Training - You'll know exactly what good looks like for you.
- Customer Outcomes vs. Problems - Keeps everything simple and strategic.
- Fine-Tuned for B2B/B2B2C - The definition of "customer" changes everything!
Fundamentals | Portfolio Management
Product Portfolio Management Fundamentals
This half-day course will walk you through the fundamentals of managing a portfolio by using quantifiable customer outcomes (strategic, operational and tactical) as the starting point to grow the value of your portfolio in your most lucrative market segments. You'll learn how to eliminate silos, redundancies, conflicting priorities, make better use of development and marketing resources, give salespeople a stronger story, deliver more value to the market and grow methodically with less effort.
- Live Virtual Classroom: 4-Hour Session, $495/person
- Onsite: Half-Day, $795/person, 10-person minimum
- Introduction to Product Portfolio Management
- Making Customer Outcomes Your Centerpiece
- Data-Driven Revenue Forecasting for the Portfolio
- Using Portfolio S.W.O.T. Analysis to Find Your Sweet Spots
- Up-leveling Advisory Boards for the Portfolio
- Customer Outcomes, Portfolio Strategy & Roadmaps
- Prioritizing Market Segments Before Products
- Portfolio Positioning, Sales Enablement & Differentiation
- Structuring a Market-Facing Portfolio Management Team
Workshop | Portfolio Management
Pre-requisite: 101 Basic Product Management
Portfolio Management 501: Advanced Skills to Establish Market Leadership
If your product management team is feeling the heat to drive new growth, this product portfolio management course will make it easy for you to identify your most lucrative market segments and leverage the value of your portfolio to deliver higher value customer outcomes (solutions) that accelerate growth.
It's like a crash MBA course for B2B product portfolio management, except it's simple!
Introduction to Advanced Portfolio Management
LESSON 1: Advanced Market Sizing & Opportunity Analysis
How big is the pie, and what's a realistic share for you?
LESSON 2: Create a Portfolio Heat Map
A simple visual to find white space for growth.
LESSON 3: Create Executive Personas
Watch the value targets for executives magically appear.
LESSON 4: Analyze Quantitative Portfolio S.W.O.T.
Inside the numbers tells you what the market thinks.
LESSON 5: Analyze Qualitative Portfolio S.W.O.T.
The market's perception of you might be right, or not!
LESSON 6: Competitive S.W.O.T. Analysis
How well your portfolio stacks up in each segment.
LESSON 7: Facilitate Customer Advisory Board Meetings
A clinic for gathering the highest-value business needs.
LESSON 8: Gather Strategic Business Requirements
They shape priorities across your entire portfolio.
LESSON 9: Create a Customer-Facing Portfolio Vision
A clear and common value destination for all products.
LESSON 10: Quantify & Prioritize Market Opportunities
Objective decisions based on quantifiable value.
LESSON 11: Create a Portfolio Strategy & Roadmap
A single vehicle for communicating strategic direction.
LESSON 12: Establish parameters for each product roadmap
Keep all product roadmaps aligned to the portfolio strategy.
LESSON 13: Structure a Portfolio Product Organization
Structure for growth by market segment.
LESSON 14: Get Started
How to get a few quick wins.
- Take the exam at your convenience.
- 2-hour online open-book exam.
- 35 multiple choice questions.
- 25+ correct answers for a passing grade.
- Personalized case studies for your products and your markets.
- B2B and B2B2C examples that are relevant to your business.
- Breakout sessions and collaboration with team members.
How many product management frameworks can you realistically adopt while handling all the responsibilities of your job and still keep your sanity?
If you're feeling completely overwhelmed by all the product management frameworks, agile frameworks, continuous discovery frameworks, Jobs To Be Done frameworks, positioning frameworks, launch frameworks and on and on, you're not alone.
Our B2B Product Management Framework combines the best of the best practices, fine tunes them for B2B/B2B2C and makes them simple to understand, adopt and integrate into your daily work streams.
We've done the hard work to make it simple for you!